Inventory Unit Detail
2015 KTM 690 DUKE
Back then, KTM revived the pure, unadulterated single-cylinder motorcycle in the form of the ""original"" Duke. Judging by the latest 690 Duke that stands before us today, much has been gained: smoothness, room for a pillion passenger, long-distance ability. But what it has never lost, is its intensive and elemental ride dynamics. The most cutting-edge series production single-cylinder of our times and a precision chassis with a wealth of outstanding components turn every trip on the 690 Duke into an incomparable and unforgettable riding experience. In 2015 KTM 690 Duke is coming with 2 new graphic styles!
- Design: Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 690 cm³
- Bore: 102 mm
- Stroke: 84.5 mm
- Performance: 50 kW (67 hp)
- Starting aid: Electric starter, automatic decompressor
- Transmission: 6-speed, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 3 Eaton pumps
- Primary gear ratio: 36:79
- Secondary gear ratio: 16:40
- Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Clutch: APTC™ Anti-hopping?clutch / hydraulically operated
- Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Frame: Tubular space frame made from chrome molybdenum steel, powder-coated
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension with Pro?Lever linkage
- Suspension travel front: 135 mm
- Suspension travel rear: 135 mm
- Brake system front: Disc brake with radially mounted four-piston brake caliper
- Brake system rear: Disc brake with single-piston brake caliper, floating
- Brake discs - diameter front: 320 mm
- Brake discs - diameter rear: 240 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4” X?Ring
- Steering head angle: 63.5°
- Wheel base: 1,466±15 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded): 192 mm
- Seat height (unloaded): 835 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx.: 14 l Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
- Weight without fuel approx.: 149.5 kg
- INJECTION: Thanks to the mechanical and electrical refinements, the new 690 Duke uses even less fuel than ever. Even though the last Duke had already won international consumption comparison test rides with ease. Duke riding will therefore be even more economical and environmentally friendly, while remaining unashamedly fleet-footed, sporty and dynamic.
- ENGINE: The new Duke is equipped with the latest version of the legendary LC4: a whole 690 cm³ of displacement, twin ignition featuring plug-selective mapping for the best and most effective combustion, plus extended service intervals of 10,000 km and even less fuel consumption – never has it been as elegant, cultivated, sporty and effective to be powered by one cylinder. And never has the need for more cylinders been more questionable. 50 kW (68 PS) provide, thanks also to ride-by-wire, extremely powerful and free-revving thrust at all engine speeds, hence making light work of the equally lightweight 690 Duke. It has adopted such well-known standard production goodies such as active engine casing ventilation and the slipper clutch that effectively prevents rear wheel chatter when down-shifting hard.
- ENGINE MANAGEMENT / RIDE-BY-WIRE: The electronic engine management system always gets optimum performance out of the ingenious LC4 engine. More advanced technology than ever is taken advantage of in 2012 for this purpose: Twin ignition with individual mapping for each spark plug ensures that the mixture is always burned effectively, irrespective of load and engine speed. And then genuine ride-by-wire, in other words: electronically controlled throttle valve actuation without any mechanical linkage. So that the electronics always apply the power as perfectly and therefore smoothly as possible, above all on transition from throttle closed to throttle open. How good does that feel? Simply indescribable. So check it out!
- BALANCER SHAFT: The finely balanced crank drive of the 690 single-cylinder converts terrific combustion pressure into unrivalled single-power - thanks to its balancer shaft, which eliminates vibration even better than ever without having any detrimental effect on the life of the super-single.
- CENTRALISATION OF MASSES: The Duke not only impresses with low weight and perfect chassis geometry; the centralisation of masses - for example, by positioning the brushed stainless steel pre-silencer under the engine - also contributes to its playful handling and razor-sharp precision.
- SUITABLE FOR A2 DRIVER´S LICENSE HOLDER: A restricted power version is available for those riders who just got an A2 driver´s license. Restricted power doesn´t necessary means restricted fun: thanks to its lightweight and dynamic chassis KTM 690 Duke is the perfect buddy to push your limit.
- ABS: The disengageable dual-circuit ABS system with 9M+ modulator tuned in cooperation with Bosch offers total protection against over-braking, while maintaining the full effect and perfect feedback of a genuine sports brake thanks to very fine sensors. Weighing no more than one kilogramme, the ABS system therefore allows extremely sporty braking. And prevents loop-outs actively and effectively.
- SUSPENSION COMPONENTS: Well-equipped for every situation: The WP upside-down fork on the Duke with a 43 mm upright tube diameter and the pivot-arm articulated WP pressurised-gas monoshock excel with perfect tuning and an unbelievably broad spectrum of use for all demands, from relaxed cruising to racing around closed circuits.
- BRAKES: The Duke's extremely powerful and easily applied Brembo® brakes impress with outstanding controllability. At the front wheel, a radially-mounted, four-piston, fixed brake calliper bites onto a floating, 320 mm brake disc.
- ERGONOMICS: The new 690 Duke inherits many of the benefits of its predecessor: for example, the low weight of less than 150 kg, the first-class handling and the outstanding brakes. Particularly pleasant is the place of work on the two-piece seat: Comfortable while still being set up for all dynamic riding situations, because the gathered sitting position and freedom of movement behind the ideally angled, wide aluminium handlebar provide perfect support for controlling the bike.
- FRAME AND SWINGARM: Lightweight components in a large, lightweight entirety: The 9 kg lightweight tubular space frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel and the 4 kg lightweight, high-quality, pin-jointed, die-cast swingarm impress with extreme levels of torsional stiffness, providing the less than 150 kg 690 Duke with excellent tracking stability.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, liquid-cooled
- 690 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 102 mm x 84.5 mm
- Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension Up Side Down
- Rear Suspension
- WP Suspension with Pro?Lever linkage
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake with radially mounted four-piston brake caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake with single-piston brake caliper, floating
- 1,466±15 mm
- Seat Height
- 835 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 14 L Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
- Dry Weight
- 149.5 kg
- 6-speed, claw shifted
- Final Drive
- 5/8 x 1/4 in. X?Ring